Wednesday, October 3, 2012

number 5

talking to lance before we enter Utah Fertility Center

Today was the day of our 5th IUI. When I tell people that we are doing artifical inseminations there first question is when do you start... and my response is well... today is our 5th.... then they look at me with shock all over their face. 
tiny room. Lance looking a little uncomfortable
my best friend... the transvaginal ultrasound... (luckily i didn't need to use him today.
So artificial insemination or intrauterine insemination only increases your odds of getting pregnant by 10%.  With our additional medication, ultrasounds, and procedures the fertility clinic can increase odds to 15-20%.  
Lance headed down to the fertility clinic at 9am to donate his swimmers.  At 10:30 we met back up at the clinic and waited for the doctor.  Today we had a nurse practitioner perform the insemination and this was the first time that Lance has chosen to stay for the entire procedure.  It was nice to have someone to talk to during the 15 minute wait (afterwards) instead of just playing family feud on my phone.  Lance took a super attractive picture of me laying and waiting that looks like I'm eating a pole...

The table they had me lay on was SUPER high tech.  The NP was able to RAISE me up to her level.. and then afterwards tilt me so my bottom was up higher than my head.  

So far so good.  Tomorrow night I start vaginal progesterone suppositories for the next 25 days.. and we do a blood pregnancy test in a couple of weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment