Thursday, September 20, 2012

Blasting the Tubes

September 5th, 2012
CD 11:
We went to the doctor's office for my HSG test.  An HSG test is an xray of the uterus and fallopian tubes where contrast is injected directly into the uterus to watch and see if the tubes will fill.  One of the things my fertility Dr. suspected was that my tubes could possibly have a kink in them or be clogged.  If a tube's pathway is constricted then the sperm are hitting a brick wall when they try to swim towards the egg. 
We waited in the doctors office for 45 minutes until finally Lance couldn't wait anymore and he ran down the stree to do a pest control treatment.  Of course just as he left my name was called and I went into the exam room for the procedure.  The procedure felt similar to when I had my IUD placed.  Theres a bit of cramping as they inject the catheter and dye.  As my Dr. injected the dye my uterus began to fill up immediately, but my fallopian tubes were faint in color.  With a hard push of the suringe the tubes began to fill quickly.  The doctor essentially blew the tubes open.  From the xray neither tube was kinked, but some mucous was suspected to be the culprit blocking my tubes. 
The next plan was set to call my Fertility Dr. on cycle day one for further instructions...

No comments:

Post a Comment